Saturday, November 16, 2019

rooting - Directly storing apps in SD Card



So I bought an 'Swees' Android phone recently, with ~150mb Internal storage + 4gb External SD Card.


I downloaded Android SDK manager on my mac, installed necessary packages and ran the 'adb' file in Terminal.


I set Default Storage Locaction to '2', (i.e. External Storage).


This was a success.


I have moved all my installed apps to SD Card (which I couldn't do before).


However, it seems I still have ~95% of Internal Memory used up.


When I download an app from the Play store it installs directly into the SD Card, which is what I want.


But when I install some apps (big file sizes) it will return an error, "insufficient storage space available".


I have >3.5GB available on my SD card.


Does the file have to be downloaded before it's installed on the SD card. And does it keep the downloaded file in Internal Memory?



I have no idea why else this is happening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...