Saturday, November 30, 2019

2.1 eclair - Is there any way to move apps to my SD with Android 2.1?


Is there any possible way to move apps to my SD card on my Droid Eris? I keep getting that low memory icon in my notification bar and its really annoying. I'm running Android 2.1



Answer



It's a built-in feature of Froyo, as long as the developer has built the app that way.



However, you're mostly out of luck, unless you're willing to root your phone and install Cyanogenmod and APPS2SD or jump through the hoops Bruce details in his answer.


If you do have Android 2.2 or higher, the app SDMove can be a big help in moving apps in bulk. SDWatch is also useful, as it monitors apps you install and alerts you if it can be moved the SD card. (There are, of course, other apps that do the same things. They're just the ones I've used.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...