Tuesday, November 12, 2019

2.3 gingerbread - How to Remote Control Android smartphone, if not in same subnet


I'd like to "Remote Control" my Android 2.3.x (Oxygen 2.3.2 ROM) from my PC. I know that there are VNC servers available and also apps like "Remote Web Desktop".


This works fine, but only if the mobile phone and the "controlling PC" are in the same subnet, or if traffic from PC -> mobile phone is routable.


At work, this isn't the case for me… :/ The Wifi devices are in a seperate subnet, and the office network devices cannot reach the Wifi devices. That's done on purpose and is to be accepted as an unchangeable fact (at least for the time being).


If the mobile phone were a normal PC/Mac/Linux system, I'd install TeamViewer on it and be all set. But there's no TeamViewer server for Android, is there?



Well, what are your suggestions? How can one remote control the Android smartphone from a Linux (or any…) system, if the PC doesn't "see" the mobile phone?


I do have USB and Bluetooth available, if this helps.


Cheers, Alexander




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...