Tuesday, November 26, 2019

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Security options grayed out



I have my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) running on ICS. Recently I activated Microsoft Exchnage ActiveSync to connect to my corporate email. It disabled all the security options like 'Pattern Unlock'. I hated it, and removed my microsoft active exchange account from the phone, but these options are still disabled. How do I get it enabled?



Answer



As a last ditch effort, you could try this:



  1. Use Titanium Backup to backup all your Apps + Data.

  2. Reset the phone to factory defaults.

  3. Restore all apps and data except for Activesync.


This will definitely fix your issues. Question is, "Is it worth the effort?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...