Tuesday, November 12, 2019

external sd - Data Recovery - How to Restore Deleted / Formatted Files on HD Micro SD Card


Background:


I put in a friend's SD Card to format it because it was having problems. Then I put mine back in and I think my phone formatted my SD Card. I had a ton of pictures on there that are now gone! I put the card into the computer and there's only 2mb of cache files on there and none of the original directories.


I already tried the following freeware recovery applications:



  1. Undelete 360

  2. Recuva


Neither of them were able to retrieve any files.
Undelete took 1minute to scan for files and came up with 0 files. Recuva took 10 minutes for their "deep scan" which doesn't seem thorough enough at all for this 8GB SD Card. I need something that's a lot more heavy duty. I don't mind paying for an application to get the data back if necessary...



Questions:



  • Which application can I use to recover my deleted picture files from my 8GB HD Micro SD Card?

  • Why did Anroid format my SD card?

  • How can I tell if it's a phone problem, data problem, or SD Card problem?



Answer



Take a look at PhotoRec.


There are also similar question on Super User that may help:




Here's the full list of Data Recovery Program links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...