Saturday, November 23, 2019

Is auto sync really killing my battery?


I have been digging the archives for eternity to find that Location Services and Auto-sync (assuming we ignored other factors such as Bluetooth etc -- because my focus is mainly about auto sync) are extremely battery hungry.



Although, i manually toggle the switches (GPS, BT etc) based on requirement. I have paid enough heed to notice the battery gain and drain caused by auto sync enabled and disabled.


I have read somewhere people claiming innocence of autosync. Basically, Their idea is that it doesn't constantly push all the data from server to my phone and vice-versa. instead, there is a thread meant to ask the server if there's something new (and events are created based on the responses).


So, shed some light on:


1) is auto sync really causing the depression to my battery?


2) what does auto sync really do (perhaps a geeky explanation please) ?


3) how many minutes/hours am i actually gaining or losing while leaving it ON or OFF ?


4) what other factors claim culpability as to battery drain?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...