Thursday, November 28, 2019

settings - How can I change the default location for bluetooth file transfers?


I have an Android 2.3 device (Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, S6102) and want all files that I receive via bluetooth to save to my SD card.


How can I do that?



Answer



The default location is already on your external SD card in the /bluetooth folder.


It's not possible to configure it up to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean:
With the included stock bluetooth receiver you cannot change the location as of now, because it's hard coded. You need a 3rd party app like Bluetooth file transfer which might be configurable here.



In ./packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/opp/ you can see it.


Constants.java defines this:


public static final String DEFAULT_STORE_SUBDIR = "/bluetooth";

BluetoothOppReceiveFileInfo.java has no switch for the location:


File receiveFile = new File(uniqueFileName);
if (sDesiredStoragePath == null) {
sDesiredStoragePath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getPath() +
Constants.DEFAULT_STORE_SUBDIR;
}

No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...