Friday, April 5, 2019

wi fi - Can I use my smartphone as a WiFi network adapter?



I have this PC that doesn't support wiFi and I have to use usb tethering. But I want to see if I can project my phone's WiFi onto the computer, so it can see all the available wireless networks, whilst its still connected to USB.


I don't know how much difference this would be considering, even if I projected my wiFi on to a computer, so it can see available networks (just like a usb wireless adapter, you see these days - except using a phone) but still very much connected to a USB. So I'm not sure what the difference between this and USB/WiFi tethering, but I'd imagine it would be faster.


Edit: I actually want to be able to connect to a wiFi and see other available connections, using my phone and USB. This is to compensate for the fact that my computer doesn't support wiFi and hardware require for it.


USB network adaptors are a very good example, of what I'm trying to want to do, except with a phone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...