Tuesday, April 30, 2019

usb on the go - Simultaneous OTG + Charging Capability


I'm working on a hobby project to stick a tablet in a car to replace the factory head unit. For this, I need to connect the reverse camera to the tablet (via USB, using something like an EasyCAP adapter), while the tablet being charged.


So far, I found that Lava SimulCharge adapter claims to do this. Although it's very picky about the devices it works with. (Exclusively a few Samsung Galaxy tabs with strict OS versions and even cable lengths)


I would like to know what other alternatives I have which can do this. (Prefer not being locked down only to the LAVA supported tablets, as they're quite expensive for my purpose.)


Is it a Samsung only feature? (seems like most Windows tablets support this out of the box across a number of OEMs. But haven't seen any Android device that isn't Samsung supporting this.)


Can I check which tablets have the support?


I prefer to do this without rooting the device.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...