Thursday, April 18, 2019

Send SMS instead of MMS when texting multiple people


When I put more than one person as the recipient to my message my Samsung Galaxy S3 vibrates and says it's converting to MMS. When I send my message I know at least one person is not getting the message. However that person can send me a group message and I can see it is as a SMS instead of MMS.


I can't find any options to prevent it from becoming a MMS. I set the delivery report checkbox and sent another one out. I know one person got it and that person did it. I get no report on who got it. I'm using Android 4.3.



Answer



I was facing the same problem for long time on my Galaxy S3, at last i figure it out


by default android SMS allow you to send same message to multiple people without converting it to MMS. But when you Select the option Group Messaging under the multimedia message (MMS) setting it now set group messaging only for MMS


try un-checking the option


hope this will help ( am using default sms of android)


Screenshot

Screenshot (click to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...