Friday, April 19, 2019

Is there any way to sync my Outlook calendar to my Samsung Galaxy S without Kies?


I am trying to sync my Outlook 2010 calendar to Samsung Galaxy S using Kies. For some reason, it doesn't sync.


Kies has a nasty habit of hanging, so I would really like to use something else, if possible, instead of trying to understand why it doesn't sync to begin with.


Are there any tools out there that will sync the calendar directly to the phone without using Kies?



Answer




Have you thought about doing this over the air, rather than using a desktop client for the sync?


If you use Outlook, presumably your company uses Exchange for it's mail servers? If so, and if they allow Exchange Active Sync, and/or have Outlook Web Access enabled, then you could sync your phone's mail and calendar directly with them over the air.


The built-in Mail client can be used to connect directly with Exchange, or there are third party alternative Exchange clients like Touchdown, Moxier or K-9 Mail


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...