Saturday, April 6, 2019

twrp - Settings crashes when I try to set a screen lock


I have a Google Pixel. The bootloader is unlocked, but the system software remains unmodified.


A few days ago, I booted into TWRP (flashboot boot twrp.img) to access the data partition. The encryption key for the data partition is encrypted with a key that is partly derived from the unlock code. I was under the impression that touchscreen input with TWRP would be very mininal due to it being a minimal recovery system, so I had figured that I would not be able to enter my password so TWRP could then mount the data partition. I search the internet for this question and the results said to remove the lock screen password. I did that and I was able to access the data partition while booted into TWRP.


I rebooted my phone into normal Android and I successfully set my lock screen password again, BUT I may be misremembering this and it may have been that I had unset my password, then set it back up, and THEN booted into TWRP for the first time. The problem now is that when I either:




  • Go into Settings and select Security & location > Screen lock

  • Press the box at the top of the main menu in Settings that says "Secure your phone"


Settings crashes. Now I cannot set a screen lock. Why is this happening and how do I fix this?


These are not solutions:



  • Wiping my phone.

  • Restoring from a backup.

  • Anything to do with syncing with Google.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...