Friday, April 26, 2019

Nexus 5 in boot loop


I will explain the issue in sequence



  1. I was running custom ROM on my Nexus 5.

  2. One day the device was stuck in flying colour dot animation and never came out of that

  3. I went to recovery mode and cleaned the cache but there was no change


  4. I did a complete factory restore. Nothing got resolved (The USB debugging option got disabled during this :( )

  5. I again tried to go to recovery mode. Suddenly TWRP started asking password for decryption. I don't remember enabling encryption and setting a password. I don't even have a screen lock. I trided "default_password" which didn't help. twrp welcome message

  6. I press cancel , which redirected to this screen after pressing cancel

  7. I selected install option and went to this screen. There was nothing displayed when selected install option

  8. I pressed back and selected ADB sideload and selected clean cache, which also failed with these messages ADB sideload screen


  9. I pressed back again and selected mount option and tried to mount system and firmware which again landed in password screen selected mount option Asking decryption password for mounting




  10. ADB and fastboot were not able to identify the device when I connected to PC through USB. I can see this message poping up on Windows device not recognized by windows





Please suggest a solution for this




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...