Monday, April 22, 2019

device firmware - What is yakju, gn, yakjuxw, takju etc?


I'm in the market of buying a Nexus 7, and these are what I understand some kind of firmware/maker identification. Can someone please explain all the different names?


Google sadly wasn't much help for me today.



Answer



For Galaxy Nexus these are different builds:



  • takju: devices sold through the Play Store in the US. Contains the Google Wallet aplication.

  • yakju: devices sold through Google outside the US.

  • yakjuxw: devices sold by Samsung.



If you buy yakjuxw I would recommend that you update to yakju with factory images provided by Google.


This way you will get the updates in time.


I wasn't aware that there are similar builds for the Nexus 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...