Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Any apps that will allow me to set a profile that only allows emergency calls through?


I work third shift so I sleep during the day but I get calls all day long so I shut my ringer off. I would like to be able to set a couple phone numbers that can ring through no matter what. Using Google Voice to do this won't work because I get calls directly to my cell # as well as to Google Voice.



Answer




The Setting Profiles app can do that. From their site:



What if I don’t want to miss an important call while I’m on mute?


You can overwrite current sound settings with a rule based on Incoming Call condition. Here is how to:



  • Create a new rule

  • Add Incoming Call condition and set it to your preferred contacts group (like VIP or Family)

  • Add Activate Profile action to activate the profile where sound is On and/or some custom ring tone specified


That’s it! Now even if your phone is set to mute, it will still ring in case of a call from someone from Contact Group you have set up in step two.




They currently have two versions of the app - a Lite and Full. I would try the Lite version to see if it has this feature first.


QR Code for Setting Profiles Lite:


QR Code for Setting Profiles Lite


QR Code for Setting Profiles Full:


QR Code for Setting Profiles Full


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...