Tuesday, April 2, 2019

gps - Are there maps that I can download to a PC and later transfer to the android phone?


I notice that many maps vendor such as Google require user to download offline map using their android phone. At the worst case, the user need to setup internet connection point in which the android phone will use the PC's internet to retrieve those offline map.


So, my question is - are there really pure offline map that I can first download to my PC and later transfer to the android phone? (It would be better if the offline map can also be view inside the PC too. Meaning that the offline map can be used on multiple devices - Portability!)



Answer




I use OsmAnd which works well with offline maps (OSM). Download offline map(s) once and after that no internet connection is required to use them.


You can download the .obf-file of your location from this list of offline maps. Or use the app to download .obf files directly to your device.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...