Saturday, April 27, 2019

rooting - Possible to root Archos 79 Platinum


I want to root this device:


Archos 79 Platinum


Is it possible, and can someone link me to a guide please? (I couldn't find a clear cut answer whether it is rootable or not)



Answer



YES! It is possible to root the Archos 79 Platinum using the following methods:


VROOT-root exe file for use on Windows machines


And to replace the superuser-app with an English version:


English Superuser and busybox etc



Yoy may also first want to check out the following link to make sure USB works properly (also google on how to enable developer-mode and USB-debugging on Android devices in general):


Enable Archos USB devices


I just rooted my device, so I know for sure that it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...