Saturday, April 6, 2019

Android google play no connection error


About a month ago my application updates ate all of the memory of my phone (samsung galaxy young), so I decided to uninstall, or disable and downgrade applications. I did this to google play as well. Now I need to install an application so I need google play. I enabled it, but it writes a "no connection / retry" message.



  • I restarted the phone many times, it did not help.


  • I installed the google+ application, which can log in to my account successfully, so I think there is no problem with the credentials.

  • One of the applications wrote me, that I have to update google play, but clicking on that link lead to the same no connection message. It has currently the version 4.1.10 (I guess I purged all the updates when I disabled it).

  • I cleared the data and the cache of google play.

  • I checked the date & time settings, they are okay.

  • There is no Freedom application on the phone.

  • There is only 127.0.0.1 localhost in the hosts file, nothing else.

  • I did not travel, I live in the EU, and try to access to the service from home.

  • I installed the google play 4.8.20 from here, and google play services 4.4.48 from here but there is no change.


I read about how to fix this error, but nothing worked for me so far, and I am sure I won't factory reset my phone... Any suggestions?





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...