Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Are there any lollipop lock screen settings?


On Lollipop it seems that the default "swipe" lock screen has changed a bit for my N5. For years I have been trained to swipe horizontally to unlock the device. Now with the lollipop update swiping horizontally results in launching either the "Phone" or "Camera" shortcut depending on which direction I swipe.



In order to unlock the device I have to swipe upwards in the center.


Ideally I'd like to remove the phone and camera shortcuts from the lock screen altogether and get it so that no matter which direction I swipe the device unlocks.


However I can't seem to find any settings to change this behavior. Does anyone know if there are settings that will allow you to alter or disable the two lock screen shortcuts? (the ability to change them to different applications might be nice too).


Failing any settings that exist to do this does anyone know of an app that I can install that would give me back the functionality of the old lock screen that allows you to swipe horizontally to unlock the device?


Note: this device is unrooted and running stock OS.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...