Thursday, April 4, 2019

Gingerbread has drastically reduced my battery life


I have a Nexus One, and since upgrading to 2.3.3, my phone lasts several hours less compared to 2.2.x. I've swapped out to a new battery, which didn't make a difference. In about 14 hours (of nothing more than texting), my phone is at less than 15%. When I check the Battery use under Settings, Android OS is always the top battery consumer.


What can I do about this? Every other update besides this one has been great, but Gingerbread is a total disappointment.


Update: This is 100% an issue with wifi. After disabling it, the battery usage of Android OS has dropped from 40% to 2%. After 16 hours on battery, it's still more than half charged. I'll keep investigating...or revert, because I think Gingerbread just looks fugly.



Answer



As of 2.3.4 this issue is fixed. For other users on previous versions, I temporarily solved this problem by disabling Wifi all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...