Friday, April 12, 2019

external sd - Using SD card as internal storage and migrate date


I read this question, but I want to update the question.


Now with Android 6.0 we have the option to format the SD card as internal storage, and that's what I did. I also clicked that "Migrate data" option that moves pictures, music and such to the SD card storage.


Storage


However, I downloaded more music and now the internal storage is full. And the "Migrate data" option now tries to move data from the SD to the internal memory. So apparently you can only use it once #fail


The apps that consume the most space are precisely apps containing media that could go into the SD card (red arrows). Others are games that even allow the user to move the app to the SD card (blue arrow). For some weird reason, it always fails with a snack bar saying "internal error occurred".


Biggest apps




  • Should I format the SD card as external? I'll never remove it, so this "format as internal memory" option seemed perfect.

  • How can I migrate all this media/data back to the SD card?


Am I doing something wrong here? I have a Moto G 2nd gen.



Answer



OK, I think I found out the best setup.



  1. Format your SD card as internal memory.

  2. Go to Settings > Storage > Internal and open each app. Some apps have a "change" button. Press it to move the app into the SD card.

  3. Finally go to Settings > Storage > Internal and on the right corner press Migrate data.



At this point, you did all you could.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...