Monday, April 8, 2019

Dropbox for Android folder location


Where does Dropbox for Android saves files when you click on "Download"?


I've read How to search for files and folders?



But my /sdcard/dropbox is empty even if I've downloaded a file just now.



Answer



Dropbox 3.0 (3.0.3.2) and Sony Xperia T3:


/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files

As of Dropbox 2.0 the right location by default is


/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch/[files]

Found the things with Astro file manager (Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9).


Moto G4 [Aaron]




On a new Moto G4 the Dropbox app has no "star" mechanism, instead you enable the "allow offline access" option, and the actual location this file showed up was


/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/[userhash]/scratch/[‌​file]

No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...