Tuesday, April 23, 2019

motorola droid x - How can I reliably screen or block callers on a number-by-number basis?


Last night I got a telemarketing call on my Verizon Droid X. I was horrified, to say the least. I absolutely do NOT want telemarketers wasting my time and minutes with their B.S.


I looked into screening blocking calls through Verizon, but it seems Verizon only lets you block a total of FIVE numbers. I think this is unacceptable.


I went to the app store and there are a number of such applications available. From reviews and comments it's really hard to choose.


Is there a way to solve this problem? An app? A procedure? Something within the phone itself?


I'm using the soak release of Gingerbread, 2.3.3. I don't care about price. I just want something that is fast and effective.



Answer




I don't use an app.


What I do is have a "Spammer" record in my Contacts. Whenever I receive a telemarketing call, I add that phone number to the Spammer contact.


I give out my Google Voice number exclusively. Within GV I have that contact blocked, so any calls from one of those numbers receives the "ding-ding-ding This number is not in service" message.


In those rare cases where the call is to my actual cell phone number, it quite obviously displays "Spammer" on the screen and I simply slide to ignore the call.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...