Sunday, April 7, 2019

What are the /firmware and /efs partitions on Samsung devices


This is specifically the Galaxy s3. Out of curiosity what are these partitions exactly. Are they part of the android OS or something lower level than that? If I were to delete everything in these partitions will I brick the phone even after a complete factory restore from "Download mode"? If these are not in fact android partitions why do some ROMs flash them? What is the difference between /firmware and /efs and are these flashed with most ROMS?


I've been googling the partition structure of my device and these things are not clear. Please help me clear them up :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...