Thursday, October 18, 2018

sms - How to transfer text messages from iPhone to Android with iOS 5?


I'm trying to switch from an iPhone 3GS to a Galaxy SII and got multiple questions. This one concerns migrating the text messages (SMS). I've found quite some articles, basically they fall into two categories:




  1. Getting the text message SQLite database from the Itunes backup and exporting stuff manually to CSV files.

  2. Importing the SQLite database directly with tools.


Most pages link to this article


Problem: Apparently, this only works in IOS < 5.0 or Itunes < 10, don't know. With newer backups, the SQLite database can not be opened anymore, the Android tools mentioned do not work anymore.


So I'm looking for any other suggestions on how to correctly migrate the text messages to Android.


Note: I'm aware that maybe this is more a iPhone question than Android. Nevertheless, I hope to find someone here who faced the same problems. This is exactly the reason why I'm migrating in the first place.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...