Tuesday, October 2, 2018

6.0 marshmallow - I can't find files taking up space in my android phone


I have bought Lenovo k4 note and have recently upgraded to Marshmallow. So I've 16 GB of internal memory out of which the Android 6.0 inbuilt memory app inside storage and USB setting, says 5.37 GB is OS occupied. 9.46 GB out of 10.63 GB is used. Further break down are as follows:



  • Apps 5.29 GB

  • Images 105 MB

  • Videos 8 KB

  • Audio 588 KB


  • Other 488 MB

  • Cached Data 183 MB


Which totals to 6.066 GB.


So now subtracting 6.066 GB from 9.46 GB I get 3.394 GB which I can't understand where it went.
Still after going inside file manager and clicking the view hidden files these are what I get:



  • Android 2.17 GB

  • Download 278.01 MB

  • Shareit 200 MB


  • WhatsApp 136 MB

  • Pictures 74 MB

  • Books 52 MB

  • DCIM 29 MB


Which comes to around 3 something GB and still 3 GB are missing.. so.. around 6 GB of files are not showing.. I am unable to find the files that are taking up space. Can anyone help please.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...