Saturday, October 27, 2018

samsung galaxy s 2 - How to fix a force close loop on Android with phone access?


I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) running Android 2.3.5 stock version.


I'm normal user who used the phone for basic function like making phone calls and using the Google, Facebook apps with some installed apps from the play store.


Today, 2 hours ago logsprovider initiated out of nowhere an endless loop of "force close" alerts, between them most of the running apps were closed too (including some weird z7... app).


Because of the interval (about half a second) between alerts I can goto settings -> apps -> and "clear data" in the logsprovider config.



This stops the "force close" alerts loop until the next restart of the phone. in this state I basically don't have access to the phone features and all the home screens are empty, including the phone's apps menu.


I can run any app by adding it to the home screen and then executing it, if the app has system operation like the play store that require it to install something, the app will crash and no new programs will install.


I can also connect the phone to a computer and get access to all the files (I think it's just those on storage), I might try to get an apk of an antivirus there and try to install it - hope it doesn't crash


These are desperate times... thats why I'm contacting the experts:



  1. Can I fix this, this might have been caused by an app, what to do?

  2. If the only solution is factory reset how do I backup the data, apps, or contact lists?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...