Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Galaxy S3 stuck on boot loop, Factory Reset didn't work


My Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) was rebooting itself for the past few days, randomly. Today, it did it again, but didn't boot back up. Instead, it is now stuck on an infinite boot loop - it gets as far as the splash screen (Galaxy SIII logo), then reboots, and this goes on forever, until I remove the battery.


The first thing I tried was to remove the battery, SIM card and MicroSD card for 5 minutes. I then wiped the Cache Partition through the Android Recovery Mode. I then did an Emergency Firmware Recovery through Samsung Kies. This didn't help - the phone is still on the same boot loop. I then tried a Factory Reset through the Android Recovery Mode. This also didn't help.


I tried to view the boot logs through the Android SDK tools, but of course, the phone won't stay on for long enough to connect via USB. I'm not sure what else to try. Is there any other way I could possibly access the device's logs? Or should I try Odin instead of Kies?


Update: my S3 was had the official stock firmware on it, with official OTA upgrades, it was never rooted.


Second update: I've now tried flashing with Odin3. I used the firmware version appropriate for my region and carrier. Everything was successful, but I'm still having the same problem. I'm guessing there's not much else left to try except bring the device back to the dealer? ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...