Saturday, October 20, 2018

installation - What does error 923 when downloading apps from Google Play Store mean?


I've seen this error a few times just now, it seems to only occur when I install an app through the Google Play web interface. Haven't seen it when installing apps directly from my mobile device. Device is quite new and has more than enough free disk space.
Couldn't find anything on here yet about this specific error. After a retry it downloads without any problems, so while it is far from blocking, I do hope to get some insight on what is happening here.
StackExchange only lists error 923 as an AndroidRuntime(923) error, but I don't see how that can be the cause here.
Screenshot attached with error in Dutch.


Error 923 in Google Play Store
Error - 'Game' could not be downloaded due to an error. (923)



Answer



It seems error 923 is related to the whole process of downloading, cache, storage, installation, etc. People get it most often in Google Play, but sometimes also outside of that. Most suggestions how to fix this come down to:




  • Settings > Apps > Running > stop all (Google related) running services

  • Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Clear data and Clear cache

  • Reboot phone, all should be fine now


Found quite some useful answers on the internet outside of StackExchange (it exists!), so answered my own question already. Suggestions/additions always welcomed. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...