Tuesday, October 30, 2018

How can I share my current GPS location from google maps?



I'm at a screen such as this and I'd like to share the exact GPS location of the blue marker (not just the approximate address). The only way I've found is to get directions to somewhere, share the link to clipboard, paste it somewhere, copy out the starting coordinates, paste them back into maps and then share that. Is there a better way?


enter image description here



Answer



Here's what I can do on the current Play Store version of Google maps. (9.22.1)


From your screenshot, it appears that your GPS position is not accurate. In "location settings", choose "high accuracy". Get out where there's no concrete roof above your phone.


Let GPS get a good fix on your position.


Zoom in on the screen. Press and hold on the "blue dot" for a menu to appear with details of the location.


Then click the "share" button.


Choose "copy to clipboard", if that's what you want. Else choose an app to share your location info.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...