Monday, October 8, 2018

crashes - Camera doesn't work on Nexus 5 running Android L


The camera on the Nexus 5 has stopped working. Coming from a reboot, I can open the camera app, see the camera is working, but as soon as I click to take a picture (or video), the app crashes (tried native and Play Store camera apps), which I then have to force close, then when I reopen the camera I get the error "Can't connect to camera". The only way I've found fix that is to do a reboot, then the whole thing starts again.


This is the same if I use the front or back camera.


Does anyone know if there's a fix for this, or if Google are aware of it at least?



Answer



Go to Settings » Developer options, and deselect "Use NuPlayer". Reboot the phone, and your camera should work again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...