Tuesday, October 23, 2018

How can I calibrate the compass on my phone?


Google Maps sometimes asks me to calibrate my compass. Last time it did so, I was in a rush and didn't bother to, and now the compass does seem a bit off. I tried to find a "calibrate compass" setting in Maps, but I couldn't find it.


How can I calibrate the compass on my phone?



Answer



There is now an official Google answer to this problem:



Open the Google Maps app and then follow these directions:




  1. Tilt your phone forward and back

  2. Move it side to side

  3. And then tilt left and right


You may need to repeat the steps until your compass is calibrated.



Compass calibration graphic


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...