Sunday, October 7, 2018

2.3 gingerbread - How can I free up RAM automatically?



I'm very tired of seeing my RAM used up by unwanted apps which I don't launch regularly, but they continue to appear in the taskbar. Every time I closed them and free the memory. After I restart my phone I have 200 mb of free RAM but after I start closing apps the free memory decreases. I used a task killer but it works the same way. Is there any way to automatically clear out my RAM periodically?



Answer



See also: How can I stop applications and services from running?


When you free the memory you're just killing the apps using it or that Android has stopped and put in the background. The only real solution is to not use apps, or to accept that every time you switch apps your position in the old one will be forgotten. You'd probably need a custom-built ROM that entirely altered the way Android does memory management in order to get around this; having something auto-clear the RAM would end up killing the app you're currently using. Another alternative is creating a swap partition, though how to do so is a different question.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...