Sunday, October 28, 2018

security - How to switch screen unlock from Pattern to Slide


On my Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I used the Slide setting for the lock screen. To experiment with a VPN, I switched to pattern lock.


After deleting the VPN entry I had created, I tried to switch back to Slide. However, the Slide and None options are grayed out and unusable under Settings -> Security -> Screen lock. Only the Pattern, PIN, and Password options are available.


How can I switch from Pattern to Slide?



Answer



Try this:




  1. Open your Settings.

  2. Scroll down and select Security.

  3. Clear Credentials.

  4. Check the Screen Lock setting to see if the low-security options are now enabled.


If that doesn't work, you can revert your lockscreen security to Slide.



  1. Set your lockscreen security to Pattern from Settings>Security>Screen Lock.

  2. Click the power button on your phone to lock it.

  3. Click the power button again, but don't unlock your phone. There should be a button labelled Forgot Password. Note: On some devices, you may need to incorrectly enter the password/pattern several times until that option appears.


  4. Enter your Google account credentials.

  5. Your lock settings should now be Slide. Note: With this method, the option for Slide security will still by disabled, but you should still have it as the lockscreen security on your phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...