Wednesday, October 3, 2018

localization - Change language for one application (Google Now voice recognition, root available)


I normally run my phone in French. But unfortunately, Google Now will only support voice commands if I set the phone's language to US English.


I tried setting Google Now > Paramèters > Voix > Langue to anglias. This allowed me to perform Google searches using English. But I still couldn't use commands like "call…", "navigate to…" or "set an alarm…". These only seem to be available if I set the phone's overall language to English, which I don't want to do.



Is there any way to change the phone's language on a per-application basis? This would presumably require root access, which I have available. Basically, I'm looking for a root app which will chance the Unix locale for selected apps, or something like that. I want to make Google Now work without changing every other application to English. Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...