Wednesday, January 10, 2018

usb connection mode - Galaxy Nexus won't connect via USB


So my Galaxy Nexus has been fine until now. It has been running Android 4.2 and it was going perfect, then like a day ago I go to plug it in and it just won't connect via USB. It charges on USB but that's it. The drivers are installed and the problem is not my computer; I tried it on another computer as well, I haven't changed anything at all. The last option I think for me is to do a factory reset, which I reaaally don't want to do.


It won't even come up with USB connected on the phone.


Any ideas?





UPDATE


I sent mine back for repairs and the mobo was screwed on it. No idea what caused it.



Answer



Replace the USB port. You can find them (port and ribbon) on eBay for $13, including shipping.



  1. There are 6 screws to open the phone up.

  2. Separate the outside case; there is 1 screw at the bottom once you open it. Take out the large black piece (I think its the mic and vibrating mechanism).

  3. Undo the bottom portion of the antenna.

  4. Undo some of the connectors on the the main board to be able to lift the bottom up some and gain access to the USB ribbon.

  5. Remove and replace with new ribbon. Be careful when lifting the main board and removing the USB ribbon to make sure nothing is connected so you don't rip or break anything.


  6. Plug all connectors and antenna back in.

  7. Put the battery in to make sure it turns on and you have reception.

  8. If you're good, turn it back off and screw everything back together.


Make sure you get a little kit off eBay with the tiny screw drivers and the plastics tool to pull apart the case housing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...