Sunday, January 21, 2018

Cannot sign-in Google account on Samsung Galaxy S with 2-step authentication


I recently use 2-step verification to sign-in my Google account.


But after turning this on, I cannot sign-in my phone since no SMS is sent to my phone.


What can I do to sign in now?



Answer



If you signed up for 2-step verification, you may need to enter an application-specific password in place of your regular account password. You can generate an application-specific password when you are authorizing access to your Google Account. This process takes a few minutes, and you only need to do it once per application or device.



Note: For Android devices running 4.0 or higher, you do not need an application-specific password and only need to submit your username and password. You'll be directed to another page where you can enter a one-time six-digit code.


To check if 2-step verification is on or off, visit https://www.google.com/settings/.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...