Tuesday, January 16, 2018

sync - Disable syncing of contact that belongs to multiple groups


I have few Contact Groups.


Friends
Coworkers

Schoolmates


With someone whom I haven't communicated in many years, I add an additional group called Archived. So, for example, a person can be in multiple groups like Friends and Archived. Is there a way I disable syncing contacts to the Android device, which has the Archived group, but sync all other entries?


What I see is:
if the contact has only the Archived group attached to it,
=== then I can disable syncing that contact.
But if the contact has any other group present, along with the Archived group,
=== then I do not know how to disable it.



Answer



You could look at this the other way around and create another group called "not archived" or "active" or something like that, and put all of the contacts that you do want to appear on the phone in that group.


Then you could just sync this group to the phone (and don't select "Friends" "Family" or anything else to sync) and it should work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...