Tuesday, January 9, 2018

wi fi - phone won't connect to wifi after upgrade to Android 5.1


I upgraded yesterday to Android 5.1. Looks awesome but thinks that my home internet wifi is not responding and won't connect to it anymore. (Give me an exclamation mark on wifi.) The new feature (stop trying to connect to networks that aren't responsive) they added to wifi is clearly acting up. I can connect through multiple other devices to the same wifi without issue.


It does get an IP address and my phone is still able to connect to my work wifi. If I go into my saved connections after a minute, that is where it tells me that its not getting connectivity and will no longer try to connect to that network. I did try rebooting the phone.


Any idea's of other things I can try to make it connect to my home network?



Answer



I had the same problem, but after upgrading to 5.02 I solved it by removing the network (go to WLAN settings and long click your home WiFi and then select remove) and then reconnecting to it. It will ask you for the password again and after that it should connect normally.


I heard that there are some WLAN bugs in Android 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...