Monday, January 1, 2018

samsung galaxy s - Transfer contacts from android to google contacts


I have a Google account, and my android is a Galaxy S. I want to transfer all my contacts from my cellphone into Google contacts. If you use the phones syncing option by default, it is a one way sync from Google contacts to your phone. I have also tried CardDav, which I downloaded from the play store. It does the same time, it just syncs from Google, to your phone.


Can some one please tell me how I can sync all the contacts from my android to my Google contacts?



Answer



Just tested this on my phone and my gmail, and it seems to work. I'm running 4.4 with the stock Contacts app on my phone.




  1. On your phone, in the Contacts app: menu button -> import/export contacts

  2. Choose export to storage and it will create a .vcf file to /storage/emulated/0/ which is the root folder for storage

  3. Transfer this file via email, or usb to a computer where you are logged into gmail

  4. In Gmail, go to your contacts by clicking on the little down arrow by GMail on the top left

  5. Slightly to the right is a More button with a down arrow, click on it

  6. Choose import, and select the .vcf file


:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...