Monday, January 15, 2018

How do I disable full-screen mode in Chrome for Android?


Some time ago, both Chrome and Chrome Beta started going full-screen. That is, I no longer see my status bar. This is a deal breaker for me, as I can no longer see what time it is or if I have notifications.


I have browsed chrome://flags and didn't see anything related to this.


Is it possible to disable this full-screen mode?



Chrome versions:



  • Chrome (30.0.1599.92)

  • Chrome Beta (31.0.1650.32)


My phone:



  • Galaxy Note 2

  • Android 4.1.2

  • Verizon


  • no custom rom or root



Answer



I had the same problem, but I saw the exact moment it happened, a message appeared saying "switching to full screen mode". Then I couldn't switch it off. I deleted all data in Chrome, and the problem was fixed. There was no need to uninstall the app, just cleaned the data using the Android built-in Application Manager. It seems some website included code that caused this, and the Chrome for Android simply does not have the settings to revert this. Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...