Wednesday, January 17, 2018

rom flashing - Fastboot erase system not working


My device: Karbonn A52+


Android 4.2.2


Mediatek MT6572 CPU


Root Access: Yes


Bootloader: Unlocked


I'm trying to flash the official system.img of my device's stock ROM which I have with me, over fastboot.


However, when I run the command: I get this...



C:\Users\Tanmay>fastboot erase system
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'system'...

And this goes on forever. Does not go further this. If I directly run this command without going through the above process:


E:\OS\Mobile\adb>fastboot flash system system.img
erasing 'system'...

Same thing happens, it gets stuck at erasing 'system'...


Other fastboot commands work fine:



C:\Users\Tanmay>fastboot devices
mt6572v1_phone fastboot

Also, commands like fastboot reboot, fastboot getvar all, work fine.


I'm only facing problem with erasing system. I am unable to figure out why it happens with this command. Is it possible I'm being impatient? I abort it if it doesn't respond after 3-4 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...