Monday, January 8, 2018

3g - How can I prevent my phone from using any kind of internet?


I have a weird plan and my phone went over its bandwidth usage this month... mostly just syncing up with Gmail, Twitter etc. So right now, every 5 minutes or so, my phone is telling me that it has spent 40 cents here and 30 cents there using up my prepaid money.


I have done the following:




  • Turned off Wifi (my phone doesn't see any WiFi spots anyway right now)

  • Turned off all apps

  • Turned off syncing of data


However its still dinging me here and there and I need my phone minutes to last until it automatically reloads in two days. I've noticed that I will kill certain apps and then I find out they are turned back on... and syncing even though I told the phone not to.


Short of putting the phone on airplane mode (which I don't want to do because I'm expecting an important phone call - also my phone then becomes totally useless.), I can't seem to keep it from using the 3G network!



Answer



Just kill the APN Connection settings. Somewhere under settings. And there is actually a switch for mobile internet. Disable that as well. Worked like a charm for me. If you can't find it, add the Power Savings widget to your home screen, it has that option


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...