Wednesday, January 31, 2018

rom - Prestigio PAP 7500 rooting


recently I bought Prestigio 7500 for testing reasons and what is stopping me from doing it is that I can't root it (I want to install custom rom such as CM or Ubuntu touch). I was searching CWM (ClockworkMod) - there is none , other alternative mods and I found also nothing. I was also searching for any forums related to this device ,I found some in Czech and Slovak (had to use translator) but how I understood they didnt succeed also and this situation really frustrates me because I found almost nothing about this device.. Maybe some of you were sucessfull rooting this device or know where to find any explantion or how-to or any forum ? Any suggestions is really appreciated.



Answer



Rooting is the easiest part, but it still may be impossible. Some of the methods I would try:



  • You can try to log in through ADB, see if you're already logged in as root.


  • You can also try universal root exploits, one of them may work.

  • Also you can try to obtain an original ROM for the device, root it on the PC and flash it on the device.


What is very hard (handfuls of experienced developers are spending months with each device) is porting custom ROMs (CM, Ubuntu Touch) to a previously unsupported device. Since you've found no existing recovery for it, let alone a ROM, you will have to do the porting yourself which will take a lot of time and if you aren't careful, you can easily brick your device.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...