Wednesday, January 24, 2018

external sd - Why can't I access the files on my SD card?



I have a Motorola Droid Bionic which I recently updated to Android 4.1.2. Since the update, I can no longer access any of the files on the 32GB micro SD card I installed in the phone. I can view all the filenames and directories, but when I try to open any of the files, I am unable to.


Settings -> Storage tells me that the SD card is mounted at /storage/sdcard1


I had previously enabled "Memory card encryption" under Settings -> Security & Screen Lock -> Data encryption, and I believe this is likely the issue. I must have enabled this over a year ago, likely shortly around when I first got the phone.


I just noticed this issue a few days ago. I did the update last week. I am not sure if the update caused the issue, but it seems the likely cause because it's the only thing I have changed recently.


Trying to play music from the SD card (in three different players) displays the error "Could not play this track" for every song. Trying to view images on the card displays the message "Could not read file".


The phone is not rooted. I have a pin enabled which I need to enter when the phone boots and on the lock screen.


Why can't I access the files on my SD card, and what can I do to recover these files?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...