Sunday, January 21, 2018

file system - How do I make /sdcard link point to external SD Card on Android 4.4.2?


I've got a Samsung GT-I9505 phone with Google Edition Rom installed. As my phone comes with 16Gb internal storage, I bought a 32Gb microSD. However, the phone still uses emulated SD card to store all data.


I looked through the filesystem and found two places which might be of interest:



symlink: /sdcard -> /storage/emulated/legacy
symlink: /storage/sdcard0 -> /storage/emulated/legacy




My actual SD card, however, is at /storage/extSdCard


As far as I get it, apps use the first symlink to access SD card. I tried to use terminal emulator with root permissions to make these symlinks point to the right direction, however, it says that the filesystem is read-only.


This is where I got stuck and ask for your help to make my phone use the right SD card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...