Saturday, January 13, 2018

Examples of mobile broadcasts being used


I recently found this page of settings in on my phone under Cyanogenmod, I had never even heard of this system before.


mobile broadcast settings

mobile broadcast settings (click to enlarge)


Are there any examples of this system being used in the past?



Answer



Yes. They're called Wireless Emergency Alerts, part of the Emergency Alerts System.


There was a thing in California earlier this year over the first use of the system giving utterly irreverent information (sending the alert to people hundreds of miles from the event), presumably due to poor implementation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...