Tuesday, January 2, 2018

system - Media Storage: what is it, and why is it using all my data?


I am only 5 days into my Billing cycle, and noticed that already like 1/3rd of my data has been used (thanks to My Data Manager)... So I looked to see what has used all this data, and it says it is "Media Storage" that has used up most of my data (it's used up over 35 MB!). This is a system process if i'm not mistaken, so my question is: is this in fact a system process? And why would it be using up so much of my data? What exactly does this process do? Would it be safe to deny it network access?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...