Tuesday, January 23, 2018

2.3 gingerbread - Failed to root Galaxy S (Fascinate) after three methods


I have tried three methods for rooting my previous Android device, running 2.3.5 (Gingerbread). It's a Verizon Samsung Galaxy s (Fascinate - SCH-I500).


I have all the drivers installed for the device on my computer (Windows 8) and have USB Debug toggled. SuperOneClick failed to work after three attempts. Local rooting (No computer used) did not work either as that only rooted it about five seconds after boot, displaying a message on the home screen. The last method involved installing and app from the Play store and some software for my PC which I have forgot the name. I'm at a loss on how to root it so I can flash a custom ROM I have.


I had a general idea on where to start but as you've just read, all has failed. Side note: during all of these methods the SD Card was in phone but never mounted as per all the various instructions.


How can I root this reluctant device?



Answer



As you describe your Samsung Fascinate is running Gingerbread, there's a rooting guide provided at TheUnlockr which you could try. It uses the tool to root the device, so you would need Odin Tool, Samsung Drivers, ClockworkMod Recovery, and Superuser for this.


Install the Samsung drivers first, then install ClockworkMod (which is where Odin is needed). Copy SuperUser to your SDCard, then boot into CWM (turn off the device, simultaneously hold Vol + + Vol - + Power). Select install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard. Chose the SuperUser file you've copied to your SDCard. Let it flash, and reboot using the reboot system now menu entry. Your device now should be rooted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...