Sunday, January 21, 2018

applications - Why app updates download entire app instead of only "updates"?


I find it rather strange that for updating an app in Android (or even iOS) the entire app is downloaded instead of only the actual "Updates".


The reason I find this strange is because in Windows while updating an app, only the update files are downloaded -- not the entire app -- which is more practical as it saves both time and data usage.


This would seem trivial to most, but when you need to download a huge app just for a tiny feature addition/bug fix it becomes a real PITA.


Does anyone have an explanation as to why this model was implemented?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...